Ames Middle School sits on 111 acres off of Mortensen Road on the west side of town. Approximately 1,000 sixth through eighth graders attend classes here.
- Fax: 515-268-2419
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 7:30am - 5pm; Fri, 7:30am - 11:30am; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Ramps are available.
- Number of students: 1,000
- Male-to-female ratio: 1.1 : 1
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 13.2 : 1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 76
- Grade levels: 6th through 8th
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Band, Orchestra, Lego League, Volley Ball, Football, Crosscountry, Track, Basketball and Wrestling.
- Sports teams: Volleyball, football, cross-country, track, basketball and wrestling