Saving Our Avian Resources SOAR and Wildlife Care Clinic housed at released two American Bald Eagles in McFarland Park Saturday.
Both eagles were rehabilitated after suffering from lead poisoning that would have killed them if they hadn't received care.
It was the first time that the Wildlife Care Clinic has been able to rehabilitate and release an eagle. In the video the female eagle flies first and is briefly joined by the second eagle, the male, which was cared for at ISU. Read Patch's previous story .
The Lead is Poison Coalition was also at the event. They have encouraged a lead shot ban in the state. Lead is not allowed in many products including paint, but is still allowed in ammunition and fishing tackle such as sinkers.
Kay Neumann, SOAR executive director, said 20 of the 24 eagles found injured in Iowa this year had lead poisoning.