Meet Ames Patch's Newest Bloggers
Both a photographer and a shutterbug have joined Ames Patch Blogs. Learn how you can be next.
Ames Patch is more than just a home for local news. We want your voice on these pages.
We're looking for anyone who lives or works in Ames to write about what they think, know, love and want everyone in the community to hear. Write about anything you want to—inside or outside of Ames. For the most part, aside of obscenity or personal attacks, anything goes.
While we don't pay Patch bloggers, you'll retain rights to any content posted on the blog. The blog is yours—we just amplify your voice and give you a wider audience.
The newest bloggers to join the site are Ngaire (Naree) West Johnson a local photographer who shares photos outside of her studio work and Scott Maffett., the self-described shutter bug who has raised three children in Ames and blogs about whatever crosses his mind.
And there's also Jeff Angelo, a Republican blogger, former Iowa State Senator and political consultant, and his wife, Tara van Brederode, a Democrat. The couple says their "Rock 'N' Roll Politics " is the blog you don't want to invite to dinner.
As well as Amy DeLashmutt, an author and mother, shares a look into her life as a working mother of two young girls in pursuit of an award that doesn't exist: She's pursuing "Mom of the Year."
Want to join the conversation? To get started, create an account associated with your email address. It's easy:
2. Click on "Sign Up" at the top of the page
3. Follow the simple instructions on confirming your account
1. Log into Ames Patch and click on your name
2. Click on Edit Profile on the left
3. Fill out the "Short Bio" section with just a few sentences about you: Where do you live? How long have you been in the area? What's your profession? What do you like to do?
4. Click on "Profile Photos" and just upload a single headshot there
Then email editor Jessica Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let her know you want to start blogging.